NewsGeneral Data Protection Regulation (14-03-18)
Carlton Parish Council Statement of commitment to GDPR 2016
Carlton Parish Council is committed to implement and maintain GDPR 2016 compliance
Actions will include
- ensuring that all Council terms and conditions, interested party agreements, data processor contracts and privacy statements are in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- ensuring that correct and appropriate contractual terms are in place with data processors which support the principles of GDPR inclusive of all type of data transfers;
- updating Council policies and practices to respond to GDPR requirements and introducing new procedures to align with GDPR 2016;
- monitoring emerging GDPR guidance, and implementing changes where appropriate before and after GDPR comes into force on 25th May 2018;
- continuing to invest in Councillor and Clerk training.
Security Standards and Certifications
The Parish Council places a high priority on protecting the privacy of parishioners and interested parties, and the secure management of data.
The Parish Clerk manages the Parish Council website and data transfer processes for the purposes of maintenance, support and development. Access to the Parish Council website is tightly controlled. Data is stored with 1&1 web hosting and uses Symantec SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption. This complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework adopted by the European Commission.
The email accounts of all Parish Councillors and the Clerk are protected by firewalls and anti-virus systems which are kept up to date.
Training is important. All Councillors have an up-to-date working knowledge of the Council’s GDPR protocol and procedures and have access to data protection legislation.
This statement will be updated as part of the Parish Council’s commitment to transparency, and the protection of Parish Council data.
If you have any specific questions about Parish Council policies or procedures, please contact any Parish Councillor or the Parish Clerk at Clerk@carltonpc.co.uk.
This statement was approved by Carlton Parish Council on 14th March 2018